Hi, I'm Tracey Walker and I am a fully qualified naturopath (Bachelor's Degree in Health Science) and since starting I have attained a degree in life experience, particularly helping people with stubborn, often undiagnosed and chronic illnesses.
I often find that I am the "last resort" after people have exhausted all other avenues and not found answers, and I am totally okay with that!
In particular, my strengths are as follows:
- Autoimmune disease: Whether diagnosed or undiagnosed, I can help you wind your way through the complicated and painful world of these chronic inflammatory systemic disorders. Often they come as a package deal (ie: more than one!) so that would have you seeing several specialists at once whereas we tend to treat the body as a whole. I explain what is happening to your body, why it is happening and how we treat it from a holistic perspective.
- Female reproductive issues: PCOS, endometriosis, heavy or painful periods, irregular cycle, how to transition off the pill successfully, fertility issues, teenage "coming of age", acne, hormonal migraines, PNDD, PMS/PMT, perimenopause and menopause.
- Gut issues: diarrhoea, constipation, food sensitivities, reflux, IBS, coeliac disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's, bloating, candida, recurrent UTI's, pain, mesenteric adenitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, stomach ulcers and gastritis
- Mental health issues: anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD, ADHD, migraine/headaches associated with these issues, brain fog, lack of concentration, poor memory, confusion, overwhelming stress, insomnia
- Skin issues: acne, eczema, rashes, dermatitis, hives, psoriasis
- Whole family health: I see everyone from preconception to old age. Every stage has different physical, mental and emotional needs and hormonal challenges that go with it!
- Thyroid: this deserves a special mention as I see so much of it. It is most often an autoimmune disease but sometimes not and it takes people years to get diagnosed so I help them through this complicated issue. I coach you on how to speak to your doctor about testing, why your medication is not alleviating your symptoms, which tests to ask for and the difference between a "normal" thyroid irregularity and an autoimmune disease. And just WHY it is so important to know this.
- Chronic and complicated illnesses: I help people navigate their way through several chronic systemic inflammatory diseases such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, "adrenal fatigue", autoimmune disease, extremely inflamed gut issues and hormonal disorders - often all in one body. When your doctors are confused and you have had enough, this is where I come in and I LOVE helping people find their way back to health and learning to understand their bodies and how they need to best support them.
- Full pathology reviews and polypharmacy: I like to work with doctors who will support the process and help to reduce polypharmacy (lots of different medications) as well as provide treatment that will not interfere with medication. I also give a holistic view on blood and other pathology tests which will most likely differ slightly from your doctor's view. I nearly always refer my clients back to their GP for a full set of bloods and a new perspective on their case.
- Me: I am a no-nonsense, direct but extremely empathetic, supportive and loyal person to have on your team. I won't BS you, I will have your health (and pocketbook!) firmly at the forefront of everything I do. I meet you where you are at, not asking you to do things you are not physically or mentally capable of at this given moment.
I have an irreverent sense of humour and I'm not afraid to use it! My consults are extremely informal and relaxed, a place for you to feel safe and heard and all designed to create a strong rapport.
I am very evidence-based, I love science and everything I recommend has a solid scientific background however if you tell me that something "outside of the realm" has worked for you in the past, we'll include that too. My only aim is to help you get better. My motto is "get you in, fix you up and get you out again!"
I do face-to-face and phone consults and bookings can be made by calling reception or using the form on our bookings page here on this website.
"Your Health is my Passion".
Tracey Walker, Naturopath, BHSc (Nat)